On April 28, 2011 CMS released the Proposed Rule for updates to the SNF PPS system for FY 2012. CMS has a 60 day comment period currently underway regarding these proposed changes. The deadline to file a comment is June 27, 2011. Harmony encourages SNF management and staff to read through the proposed changes and submit comments addressing support or appeal for negating the changes. The complete document can be accessed at the following link:
The address for electronic or paper submissions are listed within this document, beginning on page 2.
Harmony summarizes several of the proposed changes:
- Changes to the Medicare required assessment schedule.
- Allocation of Group therapy minutes equally between participants.
- Limiting Group therapy to sessions with 4 patients (no less or no more).
- Plan of care for therapy must contain the rational for Group therapy.
- EOT OMRA - any three day break in provision of therapy services requires completion of an EOT - no exceptions.
- New EOT Resumption assessment to be used when therapy resumes within 5 days of the EOT OMRA at the same RUG level.
- Eliminate the distinction between 5 day and 7 day a week therapy programs in facilities for setting the ARD for EOT OMRA.
- Therapy students will not longer require line-of-sight supervision.
Spring Webinar Education Schedule
May 19, 2011
Medicare Nursing/Therapy Documentation in a SNF
May 24, 2011
[1/2 Day Seminar]
Leader's Guide to MDS 3.0 and RUG-IV
May 26, 2011
MDS 3.0 Section M;
Care, Fiscal and Quality Reporting Implications
QIS PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM
8:30AM - 3:30PM
May 18, 2011 - West Islip, NY
May 20, 2011 - Ilion, NY