Compliance • Audits/Analysis • Reimbursement/Regulatory/Rehab • Education/Efficiency
The annual PEPPER report for SNF's will be released on or about 4/5/19. To access your facility’s PEPPER data, you need to log on to the TMF website at:
Select the appropriate portal based on your PTAN or CMS Provider Number:
- SNFs/swing beds that are part of a short-term acute care hospital (3rd digit in the PTAN/CMS certification number/provider number = “U”): Available electronically via the QualityNet Portal
- Free-standing SNFs and SNFs that are part of another type of hospital (3rd digit in the PTAN/CMS certification number/provider number = 5 or 6): Available electronically via the PEPPER Resources Portal.
- SNFs that are part of a Critical Access Hospital will not receive PEPPER.
The data is accessible to the Provider, on certifying authority to receive PEPPER and all other confidential information concerning this health care provider, as one of the following:
- Compliance Officer
Following selection of the appropriate portal and having certified authority, fill in the following Provider information:
- Enter Authorized Agent Name
- Email Address
- Provider Name
- Provider City
- Provider State
- Provider Type
- Enter the Facility’s CMS Certification Number (also referred to as Provider Number or PTAN)
- Enter a Validation code. The Validation code is either a Patient Control Number or Medical Record Number found at form locators 03a or 03b on the UB04 claim form of a Traditional Fee-For-Service Medicare beneficiary who received services during the specified time period. The specified time period will be the “from” or “through” date between July 1, 2018-September 30, 2018.
- Submit following entry of all required fields.
- The PEPPER will open in an EXCEL attachment. Save the attachment.
Please email the PEPPER Report to Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) for completion of your Comprehensive PEPPER Analysis.
- Facility Specific Trends
- Organizational Trends
- State Specific Trends
- National Trends
- Compliance Triggers
- Audit Triggers
Dates for all PEPPER releases include:
- Annually, on or about April 5, 2019: PEPPER release for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Hospices, Critical Access Hospitals, Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals
- Quarterly, on or about December 4, 2018, March 6, 2019, June 3, 2019, September 3, 2019: PEPPER release for Short-Term Acute Care Hospitals
- July 8, 2019: PEPPER release for Home Health Agencies and Partial Hospitalization Programs
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) is available to assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. You can contact us by clicking here. Looking to train your staff? Join us in person at one of our our upcoming Competency/Certification Courses. Click here to see the dates and locations.