Compliance • Audits/Analysis • Reimbursement/Regulatory • Education/Efficiency
The annual PEPPER report for SNFs is released 4/9/18. To access, log on to the TMF website at: https://securefile.tmf.org/
Risk Areas are present in every healthcare organization. Skilled Nursing Facilities must perform Risk Assessments to determine, rank and prioritize focus areas for their annual compliance plan. The PEPPER Report is a phenomenal source of information and assists you in your quest for compliance.
The PEPPER Report has valuable data to identify potential risk and opportunities in the management of:
- PPS Medicare MDS Assessments
- ADL Coding
- Medical Necessity for Therapy Services.
- Change of Therapy Assessments
- Therapy Utilization
- MDS Coding
A new Target Area “20-Day Episodes of Care” has been added to evaluate the percent of all new episodes of care ending in the report period that were exactly 20 days in length.
The report may be obtained by going to the PEPPER Resource website at:
The data is accessible to the Provider:
- or Compliance Officer
- To access this website, you need the facility’s 6 digit CMS certification number (referred to as Provider number or PTAN). The 3rd digit of this number will be a 5 or 6.
- You will also need a Patient Control Number or a Medical Record Number (found at form locators 03a or 03b on the UB-04 claim form) from a claim of a traditional fee-for-service Medicare beneficiary who received services during the specified time period (“from” or “through” date between July 1 2017 – September 30, 2017)
If you would like a Free PEPPER Analysis, Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) can discuss your areas of risk and opportunity related to:
- Facility Specific Trends
- Organizational Trends
- State Specific Trends
- National Trends
- Compliance Triggers
- Audit Triggers
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) is available to assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. You can contact us by clicking here. Looking to train your staff? Join us in person at one of our our upcoming Competency/Certification Courses. Click here to see the dates and locations.
7th Annual LTPAC Symposium
Click Here to Register