Five Star Quality Rating Audit and Improvement Methods
CMS created the Five-Star Quality Rating System to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily.
The Five Star is based on three domains: Health Inspections, Staffing and Quality Measures. The Five-Star Quality Rating System is the primary indicator of a facility’s ability to deliver quality care to its resident population and is playing a role in provider contracts and pay for performance. Most facilities can only impact a change to their overall Five-Star between annual surveys by carefully focusing on their Five-Star Quality Measures, which can be challenging to interpret due to the variation in ranges for each individual Quality Measure, of which there are currently eleven.Provide a visual representation of how Quality Measures compute into your Five-Star Rating
How can Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) can assist with the following:
- Assist in identifying positive and negative trends to improve quality of care and accurate and appropriate reimbursement
- Provide a visual representation of how Quality Measures compute into your Five-Star Rating
- Evaluate quality measures against national benchmarks and identify areas of opportunity
- Verify the accuracy of MDS coding items that triggered each quality measure
- Education and training regarding Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Assist with the adoption of new Quality Measures that will be incorporated into the Five-Star Rating system