Mentoring/Coaching: Staff Development Coordinator
The Staff Development Coordinator carries out provider initiatives in accordance with company policies and governmental regulations so as to promote the highest standards of quality and best practices in education and training.
Training the Trainer: The Staff Development Coordinator will provide education, training, educational guidance and support to the provider. This position functions as a team leader by working well with Human Resources, the DON, the Executive Director and with Regional Staff.
How can Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) can assist with the following:
- Provide general orientation, mandatory in-services, continuing education, and other training to meet all department and provider needs and regulatory requirements.
- Set up and maintain Preceptor Programs
- Determine and assess provider education needs
- Plan, develop, and implement training
- Report and document any allegations of abuse, neglect and misappropriation of funds
- Include the RAI process in training and orientation to assure optimal utilization of services
- Communicate areas of concern weekly and PRN with Administrator/DON
- Evaluate and monitor the transfer of training to the workplace
- Perform competency skills to assess transfer of safety training to the workplace
- Assess training outcomes and determine effects, such as improved staff retention
- Assure quality in education by utilization of authoritative resources and best practices
- Support associate relations with practices that maintain high morale and staff retention
- Assist, coach, redirect and document performance problems as needed
- Observe that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
- Assure that any performance documentation is equitable, uniform, and timely