Mock MDS Focused Survey (Two Days)
The goal of the Harmony Healthcare International (HH) Mock MDS Focused Survey is to perform an independent review/audit of the facility and determine areas of potential noncompliance with federal and state regulations, as they relate to the MDS.
As areas of potential noncompliance are identified, the specialists will offer recommendations for process enhancement to aid in achieving and maintaining MDS compliance. Recognizing the important role that the facility MDS Staff play in achieving positive survey results, the assessment will include interactions with various staff focusing on MDS survey preparation.
How can Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) Mock MDS Survey includes:
- Review the facility’s current policy and procedure related to the RAI process as it relates to MDS, Care Area Assessment completion and Care plan development
- Assessment of compliance with the OBRA regulations for timely completion and submission of the MDS
- Validation of MDS accuracy through record review, direct resident observation and staff interviews with a focus on key risk areas, including ADLs, Skin conditions and Falls
- Interview staff responsible for MDS completion to assess knowledge of coding instructions, identify education needs, and perform focused training
- Review of facility processes to determine the effectiveness of the Care Area Assessment (CAA) process in linking the MDS to a care plan that involves an interdisciplinary team including the direct care staff and the resident