Compliance • Audits/Analysis • Reimbursement/Regulatory • Education/Efficiency
Bundled Payments are still in play even though the recent election results inferred that the concept may be dissolved. At a minimum, the word on the street was that the programs would be optional. This is not the case. Bundled Payment Programs are still mandatory. In fact, the government refined and added more programs within this same concept.
CMS finalized a rule on May 18th, 2017 which includes:
- Advancing Care Coordination Through Episode Payment Models (EPMs);
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Incentive Payment Model; and
- Changes to the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model (CJR).
The introduction of two new cardiac programs and one orthopedic program under an EPM model (Episode Payment Models) are called:
- The Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) EPM
- The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) EPM
These above two will be implemented in 98 selected markets across the country.
- The orthopedic Surgical Hip/Femur Fracture Treatment (SHFFT) EPM
The SHFFT will be added in the 67 markets currently participating in the CJR demonstration.
The new start date for all three EPMs will be January 1, 2018.
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) is available to assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. You can contact us by clicking here. Looking to train your staff? Join us in person at one of our our upcoming Competency/Certification Courses. Click here to see the dates and locations.
6th Annual LTPAC Symposium
Click Here to Register