HHI recommends that Skilled Nursing Facilities complete the attached matrix to assist in expediting the survey process. State Surveyors are required to assess compliance with the vaccine mandate during initial, standard and complaint surveys.
Clarification of F-Tag 888 on permitting staff with approved exemptions to provide direct resident care includes the below points.
Staff with an approved exemption are permitted to provide direct resident care, however, additional precautions must be in place to ensure the health and safety of the residents.
- Additional Precautions include but not limited to:
- routine testing,
- use of proper PPE,
- not assigning approved exemption staff to extremely compromised residents.
- These additional precautions must be outlined in polices and must be followed by approved exemption staff.
- Ensure that approved exemption staff understand and adhere to the established additional precautions.
- Ensure that approved exemption staff properly demonstrate established additional precautions during State Surveyor observation during survey.