Revised for FY 2022
Posted on the CDC website, effective October 1, 2021 (FY 2022) a new ICD-10-CM Code, U09.9, Post COVID-19 Condition, Unspecified, is added. This code supplements B94.8, Sequelae of other infectious and parasitic diseases code currently used.
U09.9, Post COVID-19 Condition, Unspecified
- This code enables the establishment of a connection with COVID-19.
- This code is not to be used in cases that are still an active COVID-19 infection. However, an exception is made in cases of re-infection with COVID-19, occurring with a condition related to prior COVID-19.
B94.8, Sequelae of other infectious and parasitic diseases code
First, code the specific condition related to COVID-19 if known, such as:
- Chronic respiratory failure (J96.1-)
- Loss of smell (R43.8)
- Loss of taste (R43.8)
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (M35.81)
- Pulmonary embolism (I26.-)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (J84.10)
Download ICD-10 FY 2022 Toolkit
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) is hosting our 9th Annual Post-Acute and Long Term Care (PALTC) Interdisciplinary Symposium on Thursday, October 21st, 2021, and Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at the Encore Boston Harbor resort and casino.