All unvaccinated personnel must receive the first dose of a two-dose series by September 1st, 2021 and be fully vaccinated by October 10th, 2021.
- The Baker administration stated it will require staff at long-term care centers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in a bid to protect vulnerable residents amid an uptick in cases.
- In a release, the administration said the mandate applies to all skilled nursing facilities as well as the state's two Soldiers' Homes. A public health order and emergency regulations would be filed to facilitate the move.
- The state said of the 378 skilled nursing facilities and two Soldiers' Homes, 155 had less than 75% of their staff fully vaccinated.
- Under the new rules, all unvaccinated personnel must receive the first dose of a two-dose series by September 1, 2021 and be fully vaccinated by October 10th, 2021.
- "Today’s actions reinforce the state’s commitment to ensuring the safety and care for these residents, some of our most vulnerable residents," the administration said in a statement.
- The move comes amid an uptick in cases driven by the delta variant.
- Almost every county in southern New England has either , according to the CDC. The recommends that people in those counties wear masks in public, indoor settings, even if they're fully vaccinated, given the transmissibility of the delta variant.
- Nearly 8,000 fully vaccinated Massachusetts residents have now for COVID-19 and 100 of them have died, according to state data on breakthrough cases published Tuesday.
- The Department of Public Health tracked a cumulative 7,737 confirmed COVID-19 infections among those fully vaccinated in the state as of July 31, representing 0.18% of the immunized population.
- The 100 deaths out of nearly 4.3 million vaccinated residents represent a rate of just 0.002%.
After the October 2020 refresh, CMS will hold the October 2020 data constant until the SNF Compare site refreshes in January 2022. Refreshes will then return to normal by the April 2022 refresh of the SNF Compare site.
Click below to download the 8.4.2021 Vaccination Mandate Guidance.
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) is hosting our 9th Annual Post-Acute and Long Term Care (PALTC) Interdisciplinary Symposium on Thursday, October 21st, 2021, and Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at the Encore Boston Harbor resort and casino.