Clinically Anticipated Stay
To maintain a viable Medicare program in a post-acute setting, facilities must analyze the admission and discharge process for the Medicare caseload.
The Clinically Anticipated Stay (CAS) analysis is critical to ensuring accurate and appropriate reimbursement for value-based purchasing, ACOs and bundled payment initiatives. This analysis is essential to successfully achieving outcomes while preserving the integrity of the program. Case management by Nursing and Rehabilitation is one of the primary factors affecting clinically anticipated stays. Identifying trends in data (re-hospitalization, discharge location, etc.) allows facility’s to ensure they have the clinical resources available to manage the facility’s population and prevent re-hospitalizations.
How can Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) can assist with the following:
- Detailed analysis of admission and discharge process of Medicare Part A/ACO patients
- Detailed analysis in tracking and trending Medicare admissions and discharges by:
- length of stay,
- diagnostic category,
- discharge destination, and
- Trending data helps to ensure your facility can meet the clinical needs of Medicare Part A patients and reduce the potential for re-hospitalizations
- Identification of case management and utilization review practices as it relates to therapy and nursing services and impacts care transitions
- Review of medical records to determine appropriate documentation of skilled services and achievement of prior level of function
- Education and training with the Interdisciplinary team regarding admissions, discharge and case management practices