Education and Training
Education and training are critical components of an effective compliance plan and an important line of defense.
All organizations should take reasonable steps to periodically and clearly communicate standards, procedures and all other aspects of the compliance and ethics program to meet the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. This includes the OIG's (Officer of Inspector General) suggested minimum of one to three hours annually for basic training in compliance areas. Provider specific standards of Conduct and Compliance Program specifics are at the core of this training.
How can Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) Help?
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) assists with Education and Training which includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Government and private payer reimbursement principles
- General prohibitions on paying or receiving remuneration to induce referrals
- Proper confirmation of diagnoses
- Submitting a claim for physician services when rendered by non-physician
- Signing a form for a physician without the physician authorization
- Alterations of medical records
- Prescribing medications and procedures without proper authorizations
- Proper documentation of services rendered
- Duty to report misconduct
- Policy and Procedures