Five-Star Quality Rating
CMS created the Five-Star Quality Rating System to help consumers, families and caregivers compare nursing home options in a simplified manner.
The Five-Star calculation is based on three domains:
- Health Inspection
- Quality Measures
The Five-Star Quality Rating System is the primary indicator of a provider’s ability to deliver quality care to its resident population and is playing a role in provider contracts and pay for performance. Most facilities can only impact a change to their overall Five-Star between annual surveys by carefully focusing on their Five-Star Quality Measures. This can be challenging to interpret due to the variation in ranges for each individual Quality Measure, of which there are currently sixteen.
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) can assist with the following:
- Assist in identifying positive and negative trends to improve quality of care and accurate and appropriate reimbursement.
- Provide a visual representation of how Quality Measures compute into your Five-Star Rating.
- Evaluate quality measures against national benchmarks and identify areas of opportunity.
- Verify the accuracy of MDS Coding items that triggered each quality measure.
- Education and Training regarding Five-Star Quality Rating System.
- Assist with the adoption of new Quality Measures that will be incorporated into the Five-Star Rating system.