A strong compliance program can strengthen and document a SNF’s efforts to prevent and reduce Medicare fraud and abuse and ensure accurate and appropriate reimbursement for quality care provided.
Under SNF compliance regulations, Medicare has redefined the definition of fraud. When a facility has not taken all the necessary steps to ensure that all the technical and clinical quali-fications are supported by your medical records to prevent improper billing, fines and penalties may be applied.
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) can help maintain and ex-pand your Compliance Program. In accordance with the mandated compliance program directive per CMS regulations, Harmony Healthcare’s compliance services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess and provide recommendations for the Compliance Committee
- Act as the independent advisor to the Facility leadership and Compliance Officer
- Serve as the Compliance Resource for the Facility
- Supervise Risk Assessment procedures and Internal Review
- Provide auditing indicated by the Compliance Plan
- Assist with the development of an Annual Compliance Program and Plan
- Educate Facility Staff
How can Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International (HHI) provides a focused and in-depth understanding of the impact and importance of a complete and well-established compliance program in the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The Harmony Healthcare line of compliance services include:
- Risk Analysis
- Compliance Officer Services
- Compliance Plan Development
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Auditing and Monitoring
- Education and Training
- QAPI Program Development & Oversight
- Response, Reporting & Prevention Guidance