COVID-19 and Trauma-Informed Care Strategies
On-Demand Webinar, Handouts &
Leveraging fascinating life stories and examples to explore what trauma is, and who is at risk for it, while covering how to provide trauma informed care will all be covered in this hour-long webinar. Learn why there are updated requirements regarding it and gain an understanding and appreciation of the effects of trauma. We will cover key elements for assessing older adults and tips for care strategies. After you will walk away with best practices for integrating a trauma informed approach into your processes and implementing a person-centered trauma informed culture that benefits your residents.
- Identify key elements for consideration when assessing older adults for possible trauma related experiences.
- Discuss traumas and stressors commonly encountered by older adults
- Distinguish between “what’s wrong with you?” and “what’s happened to you?” for trauma informed care
*1.25 Contact Hours available per person per registration fee pending successful completion of criteria. Self-Submit or call 800.530.4413 to verify approvals.
This webinar and its content is copyright of Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is strictly prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.