Medicare COVID-19 Waivers
On-Demand Webinar, Handouts &
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Government has published temporary exceptions in the Medicare and Medicaid requirements of participation. These waivers allow healthcare providers more flexibility in admitting and caring for patients across the continuum of care (Acute, SNF, LTCH, Psychiatric Hospitals, IRF, Hospice, HHA, ESRD and more). This 60 minute session will address the waivers specific to Skilled Nursing Facilities and touch upon the waivers in all the continuums. This information is essential for healthcare providers to properly navigate through this unprecedented journey and understand the options available to free up hospital beds and create care areas for those patients with or impacted by COVID-19.
Owners and Operators, CEO, CFO, Administrators, Medical Directors, Geriatricians, Board of Directors, Nursing Management, Direct Care Nurses in a SNF, Therapy Management, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, MDS Coordinators, Compliance Officers, Reimbursements Specialists, Social Workers, Case Managers and Business Office Managers.
- Identify documentation requirements necessary to support the utilizing the COVID-19 Waiver.
- Identify a scenario in which a provider cannot implement necessary to support the utilizing the COVID-19 Waiver.
- Verbalize an understanding of rationale for why the COVID-19 Waivers are in place.
This webinar will assist long term care professionals to gain an understanding of how to utilize waivers to improve care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This webinar and its content is copyright of Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is strictly prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.