Response, Reporting, Prevention Guidelines
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) helps to develop and maintain the open lines of communication directly or indirectly to the Compliance Officer with a “no retaliation or retribution” policy to allow for free flowing feedback from staff with information pertinent to the organization to facilitate an investigation when warranted.
The Compliance program must include clear, time-sensitive response guidelines in order to manage these valuable pieces of information and identify a clear investigation protocol. An organization’s timely and thorough response to identified issues, violations, etc. is a testament to whether the compliance plan is effectively working. Involvement of the proper leadership, government agencies, legal and other oversight bodies is critical to the investigation, findings and resolution plan.
When an issue of non-compliance or impropriety is reported or suspected, there are several steps that must be followed, to include:
- Immediately addressing the non-compliance and ensuring prevention of harm to individuals and/or the organization
- Conducting a fair, timely and comprehensive investigation into the non-compliance while defining the scope and severity of the issue to ensure proper follow-up, resolution and prevention
- Responding with appropriate corrective action, including any appropriate employee discipline
- Implementing preventive measures (i.e. change in policy/procedure) to mitigate the potential for future incidents.
How can Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) Help?
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) assists facilities with the following:
- Assess facility reporting process and effectiveness
- Assess internal investigation process and provide education and guidance for the investigation process
- Provide Education and Training with conducting employee interviews
- Review types of Disclosures practices
- Review Policy & Procedures addressing enforcement and discipline. This will be augmented with staff interview eliciting the culture of the facility.