Mentoring/Coaching: Case Management
Effective Case Managers are critical to ensuring the quality of care for short-term skilled Medicare Part A and Managed Care patients. Coordinating skilled services and discharge planning requires a unique skill set to maintain quality care for all skilled payors.
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) will provide a standardized or customized mentoring and training program for Case Management based on the specific needs of the organization and individual. Our mentoring programs combine leadership guidance with education so provider staff has the tools to succeed in their role.
How can Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) help?
Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. (HHI) mentoring for Case Management includes but is not limited to:
- Role of Resident Care Coordinator and Coordinator of Reimbursement
- Education on skilled criteria and skilled documentation, by payor source.
- Review and provide compliance tools for Medicare regulations, including documentation guidelines based on the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual and Local Coverage Determinations (LCD).
- Skilled Medicare Part A, Managed Care and Commercial billing requirements
- Review of admissions process, developing pre-admission treatment plan as required, to include specific objectives, goals and interventions.
- Education to better understand the case management role to coordinate, monitor and document overall progress toward stated goals, discharge planning, etc.
- Teaching effective communication skills with residents and/or family regarding plan of care, discharge planning and reimbursement issues.
- Case Manager’s role with interdisciplinary meetings, communication and the skilled services management process.
- Key components of medical record review for denial prevention and to analyze utilization review statistics, case studies, and reports.
- Leadership training.