MDS 3.0 UPDATES EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2018
On-Demand Webinar & Handouts
Reimbursement has dramatically changed and will continue to evolve for skilled nursing homes over the next two years. Resource Utilization Groups, or RUGs, flow from the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and drive Medicare reimbursement to nursing homes under the Prospective Payment System (PPS). This seminar addresses the changes to key areas of the Minimum Data Set as defined in the Final Version MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16.1 effective October 1, 2018. The speaker will incorporate clarifications to existing coding policy, and key strategies to identify and mitigate potential risk areas related to MDS coding accuracy specific to the long-term care provider.
- Identify new additions to the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0
- Identify MDS items being retired as of 10/1/18
- Identify changes now determined to be state optional.
*1.25 Contact Hours available per person per registration fee pending successful completion of criteria. Self-Submit or call 800.530.4413 to verify approvals.
This webinar and its content is copyright of Harmony Healthcare International, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is strictly prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.